Vcloudpoint S100 Review: Future Of Computing is Here
Vcloudpoint is a global company which is into the new ERA of computing. The company helps the SME and organizations save cost on hardware and other computing infrastructure by providing cutting edge technology in the form of S100 Thin Clients. The new S100 Thin Client is a step ahead in the thin client computing and virtualization. As the Vcloudpoint’s most versatile and scalable thin client platform, it enables organizations to select just the right configuration based on their employees’ needs. Further, leveraging the virtualization technology present in S100, it would be easier for organizations to adopt it and scale-up.
The S100 comes with ready to use factory setting which allows you to deploy them to working directly in just 15 mins. There’s no complex setup involved in getting started with the thin clients. You can customise the thin clients as per the employee’s request and usage.
During my usage with S100 thin clients, I could feel the ease of setting the clients without much technical help. The clients were ready to use within minutes with just an internet connection and VMatrix Server manager. The clients come with 4GB of ram because of which the load is balanced.
Following are some of the benefits that are offered using Vcloudpoint S100
- Reducing initial acquisition costs— The initial acquisition costs are saved when replacing PCs with vCloudPoint zero clients which cost less than half the price of entry-level PCs.
- Better leverage of IT budgets— Sharing resources on a centralized PC improves the leverage of hardware upgrade budgets and software licensing.
- Minimizing endpoint maintenance— With no failure-prone moving parts, repairs on the zero clients are rare and your maintenance costs are minimized to just on the shared computer.
- Greater energy saving— Compare to the 110 watts or more by a typical PC, the vCloudPoint zero clients consume only 5 watts and produce much less heat, providing at least an 80% savings in energy consumption and air conditioning over PCs.
- Longer desktop refresh cycles— Lack of moving parts improves life spans in harsh environments like restaurants, public spaces, warehousing, and manufacturing. The obsolescence-free feature also proves longer desktop refresh cycles, saving both refresh budgets and cutting the time for the refresh from weeks to hours.
Vcloudpoint uses Dynamic Desktop protocol because of which there is a certain experience which is enhanced like the Audio quality is undoubtedly best, The video is scaled up to displaying screen along with this S100 support various USB gadgets working well with the client without any problems or setup.
Vcloudpoint offer user isolation which means the user’s data is stored separately and each user gets his own space for storing files and media. CloudPoint user has his/her private workspace which cannot be accessed by other users while the rest disk partitions still can be configured visible or invisible to the users. This brings high security to every user with a self-own workspace as well as increased efficiency with a shared center.
The vMatrix Management Center provides the IT administrators a user-friendly interface with increased manageability. Besides the general user and desktop management, IT administrators can broadcast his desktop to the endpoint users, communicate with them through the internal Chatting Tool, provide support through monitoring and control over the endpoint desktop, and still, more future tools and functions are available with free updates.
VCloudPoint provides virtual IP for every user or desktop session.
Some use cases include:
1. This is ideal for those applications that require unique IP addresses like administering online tests across the network.
2. It allows tracking of user generated network traffic
3. You can filter network traffic based on IP address
Pricing and Availability
The S100 is available through select distributors in India and the same can be inquired through VcloudPoint’s India Website here. The pricing of S100 is around Rs.7000/ and I think pricing is really great for such terminal with so many features and easy to setup.
The Vcloudpoint thin client combines the company’s virtualization solution with a V server Manager to bring a good VDI deployment on a low-cost base. The deployment can be done by nearly anyone in less than five minutes. The S100 can be used as a thin client.
The S100 took us less than a minute to deploy and have up and running. It brought us to a Windows 10 desktop and functioned more or less like one would expect from a Windows machine. As stated above there was some lag, especially in the video streaming end of things. But this could have more to do with our setup than the typical use cases
VCloudPoint S100 Thin Client Review
VCloudPoint S100: The Bottom Line
The Vcloudpoint’s S100 Thin client is a cost-effective thin client that would make an ideal addition to the classroom, Hospital, Service Centers and SMEs Setup.